Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School...

WOW! It feels good to say I survived the first two weeks of teaching. My 2nd grade team is so amazing and helpful...and just a fun group of girls to work with.

Last week is pretty much a blur. Tuesday, the 2nd day, ended up being pretty rough. I left school in tears, wondering if I had it in me to return the next day. When I picked up the kids at my in-laws, Connor asked me "Why are you crying, mom?" I told him it had just been a long day...he grabbed my face and said, in his precious 3 year-old voice, "I so proud of you." Melted my heart!

Things are MUCH better now. We're getting in a routine and life is grand! Next week dance starts for the girls and Connor will go to KDO. He is so excited about his Thomas the Train backpack, but refuses to believe he actually has to attend class! I think he will love it.
8

Taylor is loving fourth grade. She got her first planner at school this year...another thing to remind me she's growing up too fast. Averi is loving 1st grade. Mr. Lamm told me she leads by example in class. So proud of both of them! DSCN0224
P.S. I did not drop my poor children off at Honey while it was still dark, but I had to get pics of them for their first day of school. I try to be at work by 7:00, so I take Connor to Dondi's, Nana's, or Granna's...and Chad takes Taylor and Averi to school. Maybe I will get medication for anal-retentiveness and allow myself to arrive at 7:30 so that I can take the girls every once-in-a-while :)

DSCN0226

DSCN0225

AND...fall is in the air!! Everytime the seasons change I think it's my favorite time of year. But I really mean it about fall. There's something so romantic about this time of year...and so many things to look forward to. LOVE it! I am excited for:





Cozying up with a good book and a blanket

Punkin' Days

Chai

Tech football

The last season of LPBW

Cute jeans and sweaters










Photobucket

3 comments:

Little Stitch said...

I can't wait for mine to grow up and attend school.:)

Hope you are fine after that eventful Tuesday.Stay strong!

The Louders said...

I love fall too! Let's go shopping together for some new jeans and sweaters...that's what I like too! :) And, I know you are an amazing teacher! Happy 1st teaching school year!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I bawl, too, almost every year the first week of school from exhaustion and feeling overwhelmed. This is year number six. I wonder when the crying stops...