Thursday, July 15, 2010

Learning Patience...

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer for me on Tuesday! It feels like a lifetime ago since then. When you want time to hurry up, that's when it seems to go the slowest. I feel like the interview went really well. The principal told me on more than one occasion that she had received many emails from teacher candidates wanting a job...she deleted most of them...but for some reason kept mine!! Thank you, Lord!

My friend, Pepper, had her interview this morning and called me right after. She said that as of yesterday another teacher resigned, so two positions needed to be filled. My prayer this whole week was that more than one job would open up, and that prayer was answered!

The principal said she was putting her recommendations in to Central Office today, and the administrators downtown would be the one to call us if we got hired. All day I was so nervous waiting for the phone to ring. I couldn't sit still. I called my parents to meet for lunch. I browsed Barnes and Noble. I just had to keep myself occupied so I wouldn't go nuts. But neither Pepper nor I heard anything today, and Central Office is closed tomorrow...so it looks like we will wait til Monday. (By the way...if Pepper gets her doctorate...she will be Dr. Pepper!!)

I feel like this opportunity has come at the perfect time. If you know LISD, you know that it has been REALLY tough to get a job for the up-coming year. There have been MANY changes throughout the district, and I had resigned myself to subbing for a year while I finished school. Then, BOOM!, I get a call and here I am...THIS close to having my own classroom! It is a miracle...an answer to prayer! And in the meantime, I was able to focus on and finish summer school, enjoy the first half of summer, the Fourth, and our anniversary.

Waiting is soo hard! But I don't have a choice. I will try to relax a little. Stressing won't help the situation. It's all in God's hands! I have a deep sense (Holy Spirit) that it is already taken care of. I am definitely learning patience and building character!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Fortner Family said...

You can come and see me!! That would be fun!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! An interview is an accomplishment in itself this year. I'm praying with you. We really need to get together it has been way to long!

brandi said...

I'm really excited for you Amanda! I will be praying for you!