Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Want to Remember...

TAYLOR
The kids and I were in the car, running around town yesterday...Taylor was in the front with me, and she had been unusually quiet for a few minutes. I guess she was deep in thought because, out of the blue, she started this conversation with me.

Tay: "Mom, does Lubbock have an orphanage?"
Me: "Yes"
Tay: (Sounding very concerned, she asked) "The person who runs it is nice...right?"
Me: (Starting to feel guilty for not adopting 10 kids, and hoping they WERE nice, I said) "Yes"
Tay: "Because every movie I see about orphanages, the person who watches the kids are mean. Miss Hannigan was the worst!"


AVERI
My little girl went to her very first slumber party this weekend. Averi doesn't do anything unless her big sister does it too...she follows her every move. So it was a little strange dropping her off knowing she didn't have the security of Taylor with her. We didn't know if she would make it through the night or not, but she did. And didn't want to leave when I picked her up this morning. We were so proud!

CONNOR
Little Connor has been VERY attached to me lately. He does not want me to go anywhere without him. He stays right on my heels and cries "Can I come wif you, mommy?" if he thinks I am going somewhere. It is sweet, but I'm not sure where this behavior is coming from. Maybe it's just part of being a 3 year old boy.

One of my favorite things to tell him is "You're my best boy." The other day he looked at me and said "You're my best boy, mom!"

He always asks, "What time it is?" I think it's so cute...and he's my last baby, so I don't feel the need to correct him. I hope I don't cause issues he'll need therapy for later in life!

**Update on Job**
I ended up texting my cooperating teacher from student teaching, Holly, Thursday afternoon to see if she had talked to the principal at the school where I interviewed. (That was the longest sentence ever!) A few minutes later she called me back and said she had!!! I told her to tell me everything! Holly said that she got the feeling she wanted to recommend me for the 2nd grade position!! We will see!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

brandi said...

#1- This post makes me so sad I don't have kids, but in a good way... lol... I just mean that it's all those little moments that make you a family and I can't wait to experience it.

#2- HOW EXCITING!!!