Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping Trip to Interview...Relaxation to Stress

It's amazing how quickly I can go from summer-lovin', book-readin', sleepin'-in mode to "oh my gosh...I have so much to do...and not much time to do it in" mode.

It all started with a text. I woke up this morning to a text I received from a girl I know at Tech. We have gone through the Post-Bac program together...we went through student teaching together...and now we are going through the hiring process together. This morning she texted me to say she had an interview this Thursday at one of the elementary schools in town. I was happy for her, but felt a little deflated too. As much as I try not to stress about finding a job, it is something that is constantly on my mind. I NEED one, people!

Well, my phone is usually on silent mode, so I decided I would just check my voicemail to see if I got a call from the principal at the same school. Lo and behold I did!! And I interview tomorrow at 8a.m. for a 5th grade position. I am trying to focus, stay calm, and keep my head on straight. I am so excited yet trying not to be so excited. All I know is that God has provided, in perfect timing, everything I have needed during this whole process.

I spent the day shopping for an appropriate summer interview outfit, making a portfolio to help me stand out from among the rest, and reading up on my interview questions/answers. I feel the butterflies in my stomach, and I am trying to keep them under wraps.

Please say a prayer for me!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Praying for you! I hope you find the exact perfect place!!

Davis Family said...

I will, I will! I trust you will end up exactly where He wants you!