Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Night Under the Stars...

One of our favorite things to do is sit outside on a clear, summer night...visit with friends...and look up at the stars. I love that Taylor can already spot the Big Dipper. I only learned how a couple of years ago...and everytime I see it, I am reminded of how small I am in the grand scheme of things. It's humbling.

When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

Psalm 8:3-4

This past weekend we camped at Roaring Springs with some friends, and the star-gazing was extra-amazing. Take away the city lights, traffic noises...add a campfire, sounds of nature, good food and drink...and it makes for a beautiful scene.
4343
gh hj
DSC_0046gh
Photobucket

No comments: