Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Head Above Water...

I knew this semester would be busy...but WOW!! Somebody should have warned me. It's a lot of early early mornings and late late nights. Between student teaching, my capstone class, my kids and their activities, and, of course, the house...I pretty much have ZERO time for anything else. Which makes me so glad we had the foresight to potty train Connor over Christmas break :) These past two weeks I have learned just how much you can accomplish in a small amount of time. Who knew so much can get done in the 3 spare minutes you have?!

Student teaching is going good. I was terrified at first, but am getting the feel for it now. Besides the occassional breakdown, I LOVE it! I have a newfound respect for teachers! I did not realize how busy they stay all day. There is ALWAYS something to do, and plan or get ready for. Before you know it, the day is gone. My first grade team has welcomed me and made me feel at ease. I am learning A LOT!!! Can't wait for my own classroom!

I love that I get to check in on Averi's class every once in a while to give her a big hug. And I get to hug Taylor at lunch. I have to say...it's crazy being on the teacher side of things. Next week I start teaching Phonics...which might as well be a foreign language. Thank goodness my third grader will be able to tutor me :) Ha!
Photobucket

5 comments:

brandi said...

I'm so glad you're having a positive experience. I didn't have kiddos when I was in your shoes, so I have MAJOR respect for how tough it must be to balance it all!

Chels said...

YEAH for student teaching!!! You must have the luckiest first graders in the world if they get you for a teacher. Keep us posted on how phonics goes.

Davis Family said...

I just had Chloe when I did mine, and I was wiped out at the end of each week!!! I feel your pain! I know you'll do great & it'll really fly by fast!

Gateway Missions said...

Amanda...I am so proud of you! I love reading your blog. I am praying for you. Dad

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Slow Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Easily Search HD Movies, Console Games, Music, Software & Download Them at Fast Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]