Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Ramblings...

This is my dream house...I want it! Think I could find one like it in the LBK? beautifuloldcottageinsurrey

And my dream garden. I love a storybook cottage! Maybe one day.
cottage garden

And I was so happy to find that Channel 23 on XM radio is all Christmas music all the time. My poor kids are trapped like rats. From now until Dec. 25 they will hear nothing but Jingle Bell Rock, Most Wonderful Time and all those classic holiday tunes. When Chad is in the car with us he won't have it. According to him, Christmas music is pure torture. I don't understand that kind of thinking :)

Driving home from school on Tuesday nights is always a peaceful time for me. It gives me a chance to reflect and put everything in perspective before becoming "mom" again. It's amazing what a few minutes of quiet will do for you. Tonight it was dark, I had the Christmas music going, and passed several houses that were already aglow with lights. It was a good feeling. Hello holiday season!

What the kids are up to...

Connor:

Is starting to talk really well. Some of the things that come out of his mouth leave me speechless. He is 2 and speaking in complete sentences.

The other day I could hear him rustling around my gazillion piles of "stuff" by the side of the bed, and I quietly watched him. He was trying to be so sneaky. When he realized I was there he got that deer-in-the-headlights, guilty look. He told me "I was looking in your purse and couldn't find gum".

One cute thing I like is when I sneeze and he tells me: "Bless you, mama".

At night, after the girls are in bed, we let him hang out in our bed for awhile. He says "Cuddle me" and snuggles up next to me. I think I am going to be one of those annoying moms that can't let go of her little boy.

He is way into choo-choo trains right now. He pretends everything is a choo-choo train. His grilled-cheese sandwich, a battery...it doesn't matter...it's a train.

He loves the clock tower at Vintage. If you ask him what the clock says he replies "DONNNG...DONNNG" and even slips a little vibrato in with it.

The other day I was doing homework, went to save it on my red USB drive, and realized it was nowhere to be found. It had ALL of my homework on it. I was frantic. I knew the little toot Connor had probably taken it because he has before.

In my frenzy I made the whole family look for it. Everyone except Connor that is. He was chillin' in our bed watching Little Bear. I asked him if he had seen my "red thing"...how else do I describe it? I can't exactly ask him where my USB drive is. I think I scared him in my craziness. He shook his head as if to say "No...get away crazy lady"!

A few minutes later, after no success, Taylor, calmly, asked him if he knew where mommy's "red thing" was and he said. "Boot." Chad picked up Taylor's boot, turned it upside down, and sure enough there was my "red thing".

Averi:

Is a dance school drop-out. She told me she was done with it. I asked her if she was sure, she said "Yep", and hasn't looked back since. I admire her decisiveness.

She makes me laugh with her sarcastic, dry sense of humor.

I love that she still needs lots of TLC. She is still my baby girl. Every night she comes down the stairs and asks: "Can I give you a hug"? Sweet.

Taylor:

Is maturing into a little lady.

She is reading big, thick chapter books. I really hope she develops a love for reading. One of my favorite things is to get lost in a book.

She is becoming so independent. I don't have to baby her about things like homework. She knows what she needs to do, and gets it done.

She had an ortho appt a couple of weeks ago, and was hoping the expander would come out. It has already been 6 weeks since it was put in. It didn't. In fact we have to turn it 6 more weeks and then its braces time. Dec 22 is the big day. Right before Christmas. Should be fun.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Connor sounds like a funny little man.... and I LOVE your dream home. Can I come over?

dondi said...

gosh, I love that house too!!! If you can't find one, I bet Pop can build it--save the pic!
I love when Connor says lots of words & points his little finger & frankly, it's just important stuff but I only catch some of the words....silly Dondi

Granna said...

Connor always seems to have all the answers but sometimes I Can't make out what he is saying. But that doesn't keep me from agreeing with him because he sounds so sure of himself. And those sisters of his are too cute & precious for words. Your dream house reminds me of the ones we saw in England (the Cotswolds)