Thursday, July 30, 2009

The BIG 3-0...

So here it is...the day I have been...I don't want to say dreading...so I'll go with cautiously awaiting. Today I turn 30! I guess it's not that big of a deal...all my friends are already there...and they're making it just fine :) But I swear it feels like just yesterday I was a teenager and 30 seemed like a lifetime away. Cruising around town with friends and not a care in the world...oh those were the days! What's scary is that I started dating Chad when I was 15. If that doesn't make you feel old...!!

Nevertheless, the past week or so I have been with my thoughts more than usual, thinking about where I've been and where I'm going. The part that is tough for me, besides the fact that my metabolism has slowed to a crawl, is the realization that some of the best days of my life are over. Moments that I looked forward to since I was a little girl have come and gone. My twenties were filled with precious memories and it's a little sad to know it's over. No more pregnancies or precious newborns for me. And apparently no more eating whatever I want without severe consequences :) Let's face it...when you turn 30 you are saying goodbye to youth and hello to middle-aged madness!

Through all of the crazy emotions I AM excited about entering this new chapter of my life. And can you say NO MORE DIAPERS! Soon...very soon :) Even though our three little Chamandas are growing up, I still like to think of us as young parents :) We have so much to look forward to and so many more memories to make. We are having a blast living life...It's better than I ever imagined it would be.

My deepest desire from this point on is that I live on purpose not wasting one day. I want to pour into my children a legacy that not only affects their lives here on earth but eternity as well. I want a larger view of life and God. I want to live more for Him and less for me. I want to treasure the time with Taylor, Averi and Connor that I know will pass too fast.

So today the plan is to surround myself with people I love and celebrate life! One thing I know for sure...middle-age is not going to scare me! My 30's will be the best years yet!! I am blessed beyond belief!
Photobucket

8 comments:

brant said...

hey, it's not so bad...i'm six years into my 30's and still kickin'! Happy Birthday Amanda!

Unknown said...

Well said! Happy 30th!

CONNIE said...

Girl, you are nowhere near middle age or fat!! You are more beautiful than you were as a teenager. I know, I was there! Really these are the best times of your life. You get to now mold some of the most amazing people on the planet and there will be many great surprises and...marriage gets better also!! You have a lot to look forward to! I love you girl!

Davis Family said...

I know I already said it on fbook but Happy Day girl! You are going to have so many more of the best days of your lives from here on out...I'm not quite there (4mths)but I just know God wouldn't do the things that happen to our bodies if their wasn't a lot of goodness in there! That was beautifully written as usual!

The Louders said...

Very thoughtful post, Amanda. Love it! Happy Birthday!! God's got more awesome things ahead!!

dondi said...

HEY the great times you have had in your life are just a few of the wonderful surprises that God has planned for you!!! There are so many more to come! The best part is that you get to experience them with Chad & your kids & us!! I'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned & to seeing your destiny unfold!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I'm catching up reading, too. How could I forget that I have an online blog buddy that shares a birthday! So happy 30th...belated. And, my metabolism has slowed, too. So sad.

Gary said...

Hey!!!! you are not old...you are just older than you were the day before. Besides...you will always be my little girl. I love the way you write and express yourself. Love you

Dad