Monday, July 27, 2009

One With Nature...

So I only thought I could move to the country...haha!! After our camping trip this weekend I decided I'm really a city girl who needs her regular dose of Sonic and Target shopping sprees. There is something so comforting knowing a 24/7 Wal-Mart is just down the street if I need it :) But for a couple of days we had sooo much fun hanging out with Seth, Stacy, Kim, and Les, and the Roaring Springs locals. How nice to forget about the stress of daily life.

This was mine, Taylor and Averi's first time camping. The kids were in absolute heaven. They played until they could play no more. They fished and swam and ran around. It was nice just letting them go free.

We enjoyed late nights under the stars just talking and laughing. One night Stacy, Chad and I went for a late night walk at 1 a.m. It was so fun seeing the lights strung at each campsite and all the people that were still out talking with friends and family.

By Sunday we were all exhausted and ready for our own beds! But I am looking forward to more camping trips in the future. A tent is definitely on our shopping list. Thanks Kim and Les for a FUN weekend :)

DSCF9432
Our tent! It fit all 8 of us and 5 air mattresses :)

DSCF9411
First night there...eating hotdogs

DSCF9416
Chamanda

DSCF9417
Taylor caught a frog :)

DSCF9424
Aves and me

DSCF9420
Fishing at the creek

DSCF9427
At the pool

DSCF9428
The water was COOOOLD

DSCF9437
Stacy, Chad, and I on our late-night walk!
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Louders said...

Looks like a blast!! We love camping but haven't gone in a couple years. Now I have the itch!!

Davis Family said...

I cant see any of your pics but sounds like fun! I love camping but I love coming home to the citay! I also cant see your link below?

Fortner Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! We love camping as well...we should do a couples camping trip!