Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Been...

A really long time since I have sat down to just write. I guess with school, homework, and life that's the last thing I want to do. But today is one of those days I want to remember. I want to remember what it's like to have a 7 year-old, a five-year old, and a two-year old. I want to remember their little voices and their innocence.

I've been reading other people's blogs about welcoming precious babies into their lives, and the joys and struggles that it brings. I was there. I remember the raw emotion that comes with being a new mom (the good and the bad). I thought I had forever with my kids. School-days seemed like a distant future. Now here we are. Soon, I will only have one NOT in school.

Today I took Averi to Honey for Kindergarten orientation. I really had no emotion whatsoever leading up to today. It was just another thing on the to-do list. But when we got to the there it hit me like a ton of bricks...this is really happening. At the meeting the kids were asked to go with the teachers to explore, while the parents got information about the year, etc. Averi is so shy and wasn't too keen on the idea of going without me. It broke my heart to let her go seeing the hesitancy in her face. Thankfully one of the sweet teachers came and held her hand as they walked away. But, dang! Being a mom...you might as well wear your heart on your sleeve, because of piece of it will always be with your children.

I am excited about the stage of life we are in. And my prayer is that whatever stage we are in, it's my favorite. I don't want to live always looking back, wishing for days that are gone, or waste time worrying about what lies ahead. My goal is to embrace today!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Fortner Family said...

Great words to live by!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Davis Family said...

Gosh!! Amanda you have me all teary eyed now!! What a great post...you are such a sweet momma! I totally agree...thanks for the reminder...now I need to get off this puter and go enjoy the moment..ha!

Anonymous said...

THis post had me crying. I'm not ready for school days, but God always gives you the grace to handle it. I'll be praying to you.

DONDI said...

I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS! TRYING TO HOLD ON TO THOSE PRECIOUS MOMENTS ONLY TO HAVE THEM SLIP AWAY ALL TOO FAST! I HAVE A LUMP IN MY THROAT....