Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Surprise...

I guess you could say that we are a family who flies by the seat of our pants. As much as I would like to, for the most part we don't plan. We just don't. Instead we usually end up going with the flow...wherever that may lead. This brings me to last weekend. It was Saturday and spring break was here! We were bracing ourselves for a week of nothing to do in Lubbock. I desperately wanted a change of scenery, even if it was to Amarillo and back. Just something, PLEASE. Chad didn't seem interested in any of my ideas Friday...but by Saturday he was raring to go. First we were going to Vegas, then it was Colorado for some ski action, finally we ended up in reality and decided on Dallas. We had so much fun. It was great to get away for a few days with just the girls and Chad. Here are some pics of the spur-of-the-moment vacation!
DSCF6890
In the hot tub at our first hotel.



DSCF6893
Playing miniature golf.



DSCF6895
They loved it.



DSCF6909
Six Flags



DSCF6910
My girls did not know who Bugs Bunny was.



DSCF6917
My roller coaster buddy:)



DSCF6921
She rode the Shockwave. What?! I was so proud!



DSCF6930
Eating at the Rainforest Cafe.



DSCF6954
Our second hotel...The Great Wolf Lodge



DSCF6962
The jacuzzi in our room:)
Photobucket

7 comments:

Davis Family said...

looks like y'all had fun! We've had sickies so it's not been as fun of a spring break as I had hoped for...so now I'm ready for the summer!!

Davis Family said...

ps what kind of mom doesn't teach their kids about bugs bunny...shame on you! ha!

Kristi said...

Looks like yall had a blast! Sydney was not happy because she just knew the girls were having more fun than her:)

Anonymous said...

iM SO GLAD YA'LL COULD GO & HAVE A GREAT TIME TOGETHER!! BUILDING THOSE FAMILY MEMORIES!!!

CONNIE said...

Love the pictures! Taylor is a lot braver than me!!!

amazz said...

How fun! But, unless Conner was working the camera, he seems to be missing. ;) Did he stay home alone??! Haha just kidding. Glad you had a great time in Dallas!

Anonymous said...

The Shockwave used to be my favorite! Glad ya'll had a fun Spring Break