Thursday, January 8, 2009

Inaugurations and Regrets...

With all of the excitement about the upcoming presidential inauguration, I can't help but think back to four years ago. It was the beginning of W's last term as president and I thought it would be cool to attend his swearing-in. I happened to know a girl who worked in Randy Neugebauer's office, and she ever so generously reserved tickets for us. CHAD AND I HAD TICKETS FOR THE INAUGURATION!!!! AHHHH!! I was sooo excited to go to D.C. for this once-in-a-lifetime event. I love that city...it's history and its sophisticated atmosphere.

As it turns out we didn't end up going. Chad was just starting his job at Evans and he felt like he shouldn't ask for time off so soon. I totally regret not making the trip. I could kick myself thinking about it right now. But it's neat knowing we could have been there.

It's amazing to me that four years have passed and it's that time again! I will be watching from my living room in good-ole Lubbock, Texas wishing I was there!

This is the letter I received informing us we had tickets.
img024

And I just have to include some of my favorite pictures from my favorite city!

Taylor in front of the Washington Monument...look how little she was:)
img026

At the WWII Memorial
img028

Lincoln Memorial
img027

National Cathedral. We were there the day after Reagan's funeral. We could still smell the flowers.
img029

Vietnam Memorial...see our reflections.
img025

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great trip! All the historic places we saw were so fascinating. The best part by far was catching firelies with Taylor!

The Louders said...

What a great post...I love DC! Just being right in the middle of of all those sites and places was incredible for me too. Makes me wanna go back and look at our pics. That letter is cool...that's one for the keeping!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how little Taylor & Averi were!!!!! How sweet! We love DC too, it's one of the best places on Earth! Love those girls!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are dolls, they have grown so quickly! DC is such a wonderful city. I can't wait to go back.

Chad and I are on the same team for the school fitness! Make sure he is eating his veggies please. I really want to win. hehehe