Friday, October 24, 2008

Honey Fall Festival...

Tonight was the annual Fall Festival at Honey! There is always so much to do (games, food, silent auction, etc.) and it's just a fun family atmosphere! Well, the evening started great and ended great, but in between Taylor had a little metldown. Heaven help me...I'm not sure I'm ready for all the drama that having a girl entails. I know I'm definitely gonna need a lot of wisdom from up above:) Taylor was having such a good time with two of her "friends" when they decided to run off and do their own thing. She was so upset. I know...I remember those days. It is HARD. I felt so bad for her. Dondi, Poppi, Chad, and I were sitting with her, telling her she was better than that, and trying to cheer her up. But she just cried and cried. She finally decided she wanted to do the cake-walk. So the two of us walked together and when we found it we saw that a couple of her real friends were there too. She cheered right up like nothing ever happened! I was so glad the crisis was over! We left that cake-walk with a happy little girl and a box of cookies:) Later, after every game had been played, and hair colored, and faces painted we left. As we were walking to the car I asked Taylor: "Did you have fun?" She said: "Oh yes, except for the crying part."

ff 003
Taylor and Averi on the way to the festival.

ff 007
Having fun!

ff 008
Taylor and Lorelei

ff 014
Taylor and Anne

2
The End!

8 comments:

Denae said...

Oh my goodness, that story made me laugh...especially the "except for the crying part." I thought I wanted a girl, but now I am scared.

Anonymous said...

Pop said it best when he said that sometimes girls can be ruthless! Taylor, you are such a wonder to me & sooo sweet! When the nasty thing happened & I saw the hurt look on your face, I wanted to hunt those girls down & kick their butts! Then, when we walked into the cake walk & I saw that you were smiling again & happy & hanging out with your real friends, I was so relieved, but I still wanted to hunt those girls down & take care of business!! I wonder, who's the teacher & who's the student?? Thanks for teaching me a lesson about forgiveness, my pint sized teacher!! I love you to the moon & back!

Anonymous said...

AND what a great sister in Averi! She never left your side for one minute! And I'm quite sure that Sydney would have sprung into action too--she's quite protective over ya'll !

Anonymous said...

whoops!

Denae said...

I almost said it in my first comment, but now I really have to say it - I have NO idea where that dramatic side of Taylor would come from!! :)

Jamie said...

Denae - I'm thinking the same thing. Wonder where the drama comes from?! I know I have NO idea where Abi gets hers! ;)
Girls are tough... I remember those days. I'm glad everything worked out and everyone had fun! Cute costumes!

Kristi said...

Poor thing! Im glad the night turned out ok!

Christi said...

Super cute costumes!! I am glad the night turned out ok.