Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Year Ago Today...

Was one of the best days of our lives. Connor Steven FINALLY arrived! I didn't think that kid was ever going to come out:)
With all the nerves and excitement, we were up at the crack of dawn. We were scheduled to call the hospital at 7:00 a.m., but at 6:00 they called us and said they were ready.
Thinking we had a few hours to kill, Chad was at the gym working out. He rushed home and as quickly as we could, got everything together and left our house the last time as a family of four.
When the nurse checked me she asked how I was even walking. I honestly did not know. Connor's head was sooo low.
One of the things I prayed for was good nurses. And we were blessed with the best. In fact, Tammy, who was our nurse when we delivered Taylor, was there. She wasn't assigned to us but wanted to be in the room when Connor was born.
I labored all morning (thankfully with no pain):) Sometime after noon I was at a 10 and ready to push. I don't know how long or how many times I pushed, but I remember feeling exhausted. It took everything I had. We weren't making as much progress as we would have liked and they were starting to think Connor was in distress, so Dr. D. gave me the option to push one more time or she was going to have to get the vacuum. I wanted to push - and sure enough at 2:17 on March 6th he came.
The feeling was indescribable. Physcially is was such a relief. Emotionally it was overwhelming. We were instantly in love.
Taylor and Averi were such good little troopers. They were so excited and waited patiently all day to see their baby brother.
Here we are a year later and we can't imagine our lives without our little man:) He has three mommies to take care of him (no wonder he doesn't crawl yet):) and too many grandparents to count! This kid is set!
In Front of the Hospital

Excited Sisters

The Best Family

Newborn Connor

Father/Son

Family of Five

Sweet

3 comments:

Natalia said...

Happy Birthday to Conner!

You looked great in the hospital. My pictures are horrible. I was all swollen and didn't care about much because I was soo tired.

Denae said...

Happy Birthday Connor!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Man! I hope you had fun at your party! Love Ya