Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun at the Lake...

Yesterday morning I took my first Texas Educator Certification Test...the PPR. It makes it feel like being a teacher is not so far off. I was pretty nervous about taking it, but the thought of going to the lake kept me strong:) I feel like I passed. It will be 3-4 weeks before results are in.

So after the test we went to Lake Alan Henry with Seth, Stacy and Bryce. It was the perfect day to be there. The sun was behind the clouds and it even rained on us a little.

We normally like to cruise around a while and then find a cove to hang out and swim in. Well we thought we had found the perfect cove...no one was there and the water was calm. Everything was going good until Averi and I were attacked by a dang snapping turtle. OK...not really attacked but the thing was swimming straight for us...and FAST!

At first we thought it was cute and were trying to get pictures of it until everyone started freaking out saying it was going to bite us. Stacy threw Averi into the boat and I was left in the water by myself. I was at eye level with the little turtle and I swear I could not outswim him. I finally got close to the boat and Chad yanked me out of the water by my wrist. When we started looking around there were turtles everywhere. Apparently we invaded their territory and they did not like it. So we left. All that drama over a turtle!

The kids had a blast jumping off the boat and shooting water guns. The adults enjoyed just floating on the water. What a fun day!

DSCF9255
Ready to get in the water...it started out HOT!


DSCF9256
Stacy french braiding Tay's hair


DSCF9259
Sweet Averi


DSCF9261
Relaxed!


DSCF9269
In the turtle cove...didn't know it yet:)


DSCF9270
The turtle head!!


DSCF9268
Bryce


DSCF9260
Captain Seth


DSCF9272
Leaving...

Photobucket

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Fun times! Ready to go again! The attack of the turtles was the best part!!

Fortner Family said...

That is so funny!!! I would have been laughing my butt off at you trying to get to the boat!

Kristi said...

They must do the testing different now. I had one super long test in the end that I felt horrible about. But I always do and end up passing.
Im sure you did too!

Liz G. said...

That is soooo funny!! It made for a great story! hahaha....Looks like yall had a blast and the kids look adorable!! :)