Sunday, January 10, 2010

iHeart iPhone and Other Epiphanies...

So yesterday Chad and I both splurged and bought iPhones. Originally only I was supposed to get one, but we found a way for Chad to back out of his Sprint plan without penalty, so he got one too! OMG...I don't know if it's a good thing or not. We are constantly on the darn things looking for fun apps, checking email, facebook, etc. And I love my ringtone...Don't Rain on My Parade from the Glee soundtrack!

DSC_0243
I love the cover :)

DSC_0263
Connor already knows how to work it...he can find all the kid apps and go to town. I think he's actually learning too!

Another addicting and time-consuming activity we have discovered is the new Super Mario Bros. for Wii. All last night and today we could not tear ourselves away. It was supposed to be for Taylor and Averi but we have taken it over :) SO MUCH FUN!!
super-mario-bros-ever

I'm pretty sure I have used these great escapes so as not to dwell on what is about to come...real life...as in J-O-B. (And yes...I consider student teaching to be a job...one that doesn't pay). But I have decided that real life is nothing to fret over. As I was reflecting today I realized that everything is going to be fine. We are blessed. At the least, we live in a country where women are able to educate themselves and work if they choose to do so. I have opportunities that so many women in other places aren't afforded.

I originally did not intend to start back to school until after Averi's Kindergarten year, which would be next fall. I am so glad I did not stick to that because by that time I will be completely finished with school and student teaching...hopefully I'll be in my own classroom!

As perfect as everything has worked out, I cannot tell you how I have struggled through this whole process. I truly want to give 100% of me to my family. Being a parent is the most important job I have...and definitely the hardest. God gave us three awesome gifts, but also three awesome responsibilities. T, A, and C are my priorities. At the same time I know I have to work. I think that being a mom can only help me to be a better teacher...and that teaching can help me to be a better mom. I am just praying that God gives me the wisdom to know how to balance everything.

At the end of the day I think this change will be a good thing...for us at least.

I am believing that this new chapter of life will give me:
  • More confidence.
  • A sense of accomplishment.
  • Validation.
  • Financial security.
  • Fulfillment.

Not that I didn't have these things before...but I am hoping they are enhanced!

Photobucket

No comments: