Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Expander...

Taylor got her expander today. I was expecting some long, drawn-out, complicated procedure. But Nope...we were in and out in 15 minutes. There was no pain involved either! My job is to "turn" it every other day for 6 weeks. I had to practice in the ortho office and it was a bit tricky. Hopefully it will get easier with time.

We went to lunch afterwards and Taylor was trying to adjust to the hunk of metal on the roof of her mouth. She was talking funny and getting frustrated because food kept getting trapped. They say it will take about 3 days to get used to.

As usual I had to get pictures.
4
Everyone at St. Clair is so friendly and helpful!

3
Thank goodness we have a few years before it's Connor's turn.

2
She'll thank me for this picture later :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember my expander. Get ready for a few tears. I remember mine hurting like crazy, but I will pray Taylors is painless. She is adorable even with a hunk of metal in her mouth.

The Louders said...

Taylor, you're gonna do great! If mama hurts you while she's turning the key, just bite down. :) Just kidding!