Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Can't Believe...

That in less than a month my baby boy will be two years old! He absolutely has his dad, Taylor, Averi, and me wrapped around his little finger...as it should be:) But he is growing and learning so much. I want to hold onto every second because I know how fast this time goes by. Here is what he is up to:

  • He has fallen in love with Barney. Or "Bah-Ney" as he likes to call it. I refused to introduce him to the crazy, purple dinosaur. It was Chad's grandmother that started it all. A few of her old VHS videotapes and Connor was hooked:)
  • As much I loathe love hearing "I love you, you love me..." ALL DAY LONG, I have to admit it is cute watching Connor get so excited about it. So we gave in and bought him a Barney doll...one that sings no less. Whatever happened to the good old-fashioned stuffed animals that don't do anything but sit there? Needless to say Connor has Barney with him at all times...until bedtime that is. Every night I tuck the two of them into bed and every morning Barney is face down on the floor. I guess even Connor has had enough by then!
    Picture 020
  • Connor can sing "La-La" in a high octave and a low octave. At random times throughout the day he can be heard singing "La-La" in his low octave. He especially likes to sing "La-La" in between saying words or if he gets real excited.
  • Connor refuses to call Donna "Dondi"! He calls her Donna. No matter how many times we tell him DON-DI, he says DON-NA. I think it's funny:)

And because this week was love week, here are some pictures of our Valentine's Day parties. Picture 016
Picture 025

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I cant believe he is about to be 2! At least he is not demanding to wear Barney clothes everyday. I might have to draw the line there:)

Avery looks so grown up. I cant believe she is starting kinder this year. Poor momma!

Anonymous said...

They are the cutest things ever! I love the Barney thing & "la-la" it's great! I think the Con man is trying to wear me down on the Dondi thing--I'm waiting him out!! Sooner or later he'll say Dondi!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I still remember the Barney song from when my little sister was all about him almost twenty years ago! I love that giant bow in Taylor's hair!