Monday, December 15, 2008

She Let Herself Go...

O.K...so I went to the gym with Chad yesterday...he wanted me to go so I went. I have been needing to do this for a long time but that's neither here nor there. So on a whim there I went. I decided to take advantage of the situation and make this the beginning of my new healthier lifestyle. Don't laugh...I'm still doing good a day later:) This was the day I was going to get my big butt in gear. When we walked into Bodyworks, the smell of sweat and weights came over me. Oh how I've missed that smell. I walked (heaved my body) upstairs to the cardio equipment and found my machine. I started going and all of the memories of my past workout days came flooding back. But I have to say that it felt good in a "this sucks" sort of way! I couldn't tell you the last time I forced my body to actually burn calories (this, of course, does not count the never-ending job of chasing my kids around:). So after 45 on the elliptical machine I decided that I wanted to weigh myself. I haven't weighed, probably, since my 6 week check up after Connor was born. When I finally found the dang scale I stepped on it expecting one number. Well, unfortunately, I have to report that another number, quite bigger than one I was expecting appeared on the screen. I wasn't that upset...at least I know what I'm working with now. And that rather large number gives me a starting point. So...here's to all the fatty foods I am going to miss...my cokes, my frappuccinos, and my ice cream sundaes. I will miss you, but my butt won't!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE IN YOU!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Kristi said...

You can do it. Starting now is a great idea. You will miss gaining those several pounds during the holidays that everyone seems to put on.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I feel it, too. Sadly, I don't have three children as an excuse only that fact I heat deep fried foods!

Anonymous said...

Go Amanda! You do look great, but i am proud for you to be showing so much determination. I wish I could have just an ounce of that!