Monday, October 6, 2008

The Big Toe...

After 29 years of big toe ugliness, I can FINALLY wear flip flops!!! I am FREEE!! Because today I got acrylic nails...on my big toes:) I can't tell you how happy this makes me. After years of shame and hiding and close-toed shoes, the big toe can come out and play!:) I held my head high as I walked into the nail salon and told them what I wanted. I guess nothing surprises them...it was no biggie. They were at one point, however, hovering over my toe and speaking Chinese. God only knows what they were saying. But I didn't care...I could already see the big toe transformation and nothing was going to get me down!! I don't have pictures, but rest assured, it is a good thing:)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to see pictures. Aren't flip flops the best!

amazz said...

Ok, well you can't post something like this and not have a picture! We need to see the big toe!

Jamie said...

PICTURES! :) You can't tease us like that! Amanda!

Kristi said...

A before and after shot is called for. I bet you are excited. There is nothing better than flip flops on a hot day. We will all understand if you wear flip flops this winter. Afterall, it has been 29 years:)

Fortner Family said...

I'm so glad for you. We have a patient that has them. But please tell me that the nails are cut short and not long. That lady has hers long and it's creepy.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I must see this!

Christi said...

We want pictures!!! I live in flip flops, so I agree, they are the best!!

Heidi said...

Thanks for a great laugh!!!

Denae said...

I'm so confused.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT YOU'VE COME OUT OF THE CLOSET & BEEN SET FREE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

Jennifer said...

Very excited that you can now face the world with confidence! ;-)

Personally, I HATE flip-flops.

Even now, the mere thought of something between my toes makes me gag uncontrollably.
I don't think you've been missing out.

Davis Family said...

So I take it we're not getting pictures? You are 2 funny!