Friday, August 29, 2008

Perfect Timing...

I am just amazed at how God is working in our lives. When I decided to go back to school it was really a huge leap of faith. We knew that the timing was right, but we weren't sure about much else. It turns out that God had everything worked out before we did. And his plan is so much better than ours.

My main concern was tuition. Where we were going to come up with $1,900 was a mystery to me. Well, today we found out that financial aid (which I didn't think I would get) is going to cover 100% of my tuition and more. What an answer to prayer. That's HUGE! God let us stretch just a bit so we could really trust him - and he provided. When we didn't think there was a way, He made a way!

That's not all! I guess one of my secret goals has been to eventually get my Master's in Elementary Education. I just didn't think it would ever happen. But I figure, HEY! While I'm there why not go ahead and go all the way. The one thing holding me back was the GRE. I found out on Monday, the first day of class, that the GRE was not required anymore! Another answer to prayer! I AM required, however, to put together an application notebook as a Graduate School candidate. I have to submit three letters of recommendation, along with several other papers. I came from the College of Human Sciences, so I am not familiar with too many professors in the College of Education. Little did I know what was about to happen!

There is this mom I have seen from a distance at Honey for over a year. Pretty much everyday I see her. We know each other's face and that's about it. I assumed she was the typical SAHM. On Monday, as I was dragging my behind up three flights of stairs, trying to find my class, I ran into her! I was taken aback. We introduced ourselves and made small talk. It turns out, her name is Alyson, and she is a professor! She is so sweet and agreed to write a letter of recommendation for me!! And, actually, now I have four letters! So, I am officially in the process of getting into Graduate School - FOR REAL!

So many things like that have happened the past few weeks, and everytime it makes me more sure of my decision to go back to school! It is so neat to tangibally feel God's hand at work in our lives. It shows me and my family that he really does care about even the smallest details of our lives. What a cool Heavenly Father we have:)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sends chills up my back! I love it when he out does himself like that! Yay!

Kristi said...

Great news! Looks like everything is falling into place!

Jamie said...

Wow... Amazing! :) I'm lovin' this! Great timing, God!

Denae said...

So cool, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amanda this is so great. I got chill bumps reading it. So often I get so busy with life that I forget how much God really does care. It is so great as moms that we don't have to do it on our own. I would never make it alone!

Christi said...

Amanda, that is so amazing. I am such a firm beliver about God's timing. This is such great news for you!

The Louders said...

I love it, He is sooo good to us!! And He cares about every single detail, desire, and worry.
Thank you for sharing...He is so faitful! And He loves it when we acknowledge it, see how much He cares for His children, and are so humbly thankful!!

Jennifer said...

Wow!! Amazing amazing amazing.
I LOVE God!

CONNIE said...

What a great testimony! Made my day, I am proud of you!!!