Monday, August 25, 2008

Our First Day of School...

So today was the first day of school for Taylor, Chad, and myself. Chad left the house at the crack of dawn to work out, so unfortunately for him, he's not in the pics.:) I know he will be so disappointed - j/k!
Taylor was excited about starting 2nd grade, but did NOT want me taking pictures of her. She's just like her dad. We made a deal that I would walk her to her class every morning if she would just let me get a few.:) I can't believe she's getting to the age where that sort of thing embarrases her. That makes me sad...I am a picture taking fool.

When we got to Honey there were kids, parents, and cameras everywhere. We took our time, holding hands, walking to her classroom. I could tell she was a little nervous - just a tad. But she's so big. She found her locker, put her backpack up, and then went to her desk. She is a very prepared student!:) I stayed with her a few minutes, and then kissed her head and left. It was a little sad leaving her - my baby girl is growing up too fast.
I left and headed for Tech. My class went well. I believe there are only nine people in it - so that's nice. It definitely feels like this is the right decision. Taylor thinks it's neat that I'm going back to school to become a teacher. The two of us have homework dates planned every evening. Seven o' clock sharp at the kitchen table! Maybe one day I'll be a Honey Bear too!:) In a perfect world it would work out that way.
All in all, today was a great start to the new year. And it's not over yet. I know by the end of it I will be one tired pup! But I can't be too tired...the Democratic National Convention starts tonight! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

use
Love the face!


use3
The Honey Bear and the Red Raider


use4
Too cool!


use5
Her locker:)

use 6
Her desk

7 comments:

Kristi said...

I cant even imagine what sending my baby to school will feel like, and you have been at this for a while! Happy first day Talor, I hope you had a great day!!!

Kristi said...

Sorry Taylor, I promise I can spell your name:)

Christi said...

Happy First day of school!! Grayson flat out refused for me to walk him to class, he is a cool 3rd grader...blah! Glad your first day back was good Amanda!

Davis Family said...

Just wait until she's too cool to even let you walk her to class, by 4th grade I was no longer needed ;-( She is still my baby @ home though & occasionally she'll let me hold her hand in public! We have those same book covers from Tarjay...they only fit one of her books!

Jamie said...

The pictures are precious! Taylor is beautiful! I can't believe she's in 2nd grade!! :) Love your "Honey" and "TTU" shirts - Praying for a great semester!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I love, love, love the picture of you two in your first day shirts! I can totally see that in Taylor's graduation slide show one day...precious memories!

Anonymous said...

Glad everybody's first day was successful! Go Honey Bears and Go Red Raiders!