Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Official...


I am a Texas Tech Red Raider...again! Just when I thought I was done with that place. Today I found out that I was accepted into Graduate School...sort of. I won't actually be working towards a degree, just a PostBac teacher certification.

This morning when I got the call, everything kind of hit me at once. I was excited, thankful, nervous, and having second thoughts about what I had just signed up for. But I know this is what I am supposed to do. It's just that everything is happening so fast - really fast. I was prepared to sit out this semester seeing as how I got the application sent in a little late in the game. I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't get started until spring. And I was OK with that. As it turns out I wasn't late at all:) I made it just in time for the fall semester...which starts in...in ONE WEEK!! Whoa.

I know that I have a lot on my plate: Taylor's school, my school, KDO, dance, gymnastics. Not to mention the house and laundry, laundry, laundry:) I'm going to have to come up with a good balancing act:) But my main priority has been and always will be my kids. In the midst of all this craziness my main goal will stay the same - to be a good mom:) And it helps to have an AMAZING family willing to chip in and help out:) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

It's funny how time works. The more I have of it, the more I waste it. I feel I am a better manager of time the busier I am. That's just the way it is. As a SAHM I tend to think I have all the time in the world. My thoughts go a little something like this: "I can do that later" or "That can wait...I'm a SAHM." Well, not anymore! And the more my time is not my own, the more I value it. Time spent with my family is treasured much more when I don't have as much of it.

Being a mom is the best job ever, but it isn't easy. I am constantly going back and forth...feeling torn between two worlds. Should I go back to work or should I be at home? Should I do this or should I do that? I am so blessed that, for the most part, I do get to be with my kids! I love hanging out with them, doing what we want - when we want. I love being involved in Taylor and Averi's classes. I love knowing that 100% of my time is devoted to my family. And right now, for the most part, none of that is changing. I'm just going back to school. It's not a job - not yet anyway!

So, here's to a new beginning! Same book, different chapter:)

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! Congrats to you!! :) You'll do great!

Leslie said...

What an exciting time! I feel the same way about being busy. If I'm not busy I find myself sitting around thinking I can put everything off until later. You're such a great mom!

Christi said...

Congrats! I think it's really great that you are going back. I plan on going back SOMEDAY!

amazz said...

Congratulations!! I know that you will do a great job of balancing. You have always been a great mom and doing something for yourself will make you an even better one. Get your guns up!! ;)

kristen lewis said...

Hey! How funny to connect with you in the blogging world! Congrats on going back to school- you can do it!

And, your family pictures are absolutely amazing! What a beautiful family you guys are. And your sweet Chad is a doll. I love working with him.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Congratulations! How exciting! When I drive around campus and at all the games, I so wish I was still in college! There's always graduate degrees...hmmm.

Kristi said...

You will love teaching. Maybe you will be at the same school as your kiddos.That would be wonderful to get to keep an eye on them:)

Gordy and Ruth said...

Yeah!! We'll both be at Tech going for teaching...maybe we'll get to have some classes together!! CONGRATS on getting in, you'll be able to do it all! (Even though I only have 1 kiddo and you have 3). Good luck!!