Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy New Year...

I know it's not exactly fall (or New Year's) here in Lubbock, but when I see all the back-to-school supplies at Target, that does it for me. I know summer is quickly fading and a new season is just around the corner! There's something about this time of year that is so rejuvinating - I love it. And as my kids get older I find myself loving it more and more. It is our new year, our chance to start again with a clean slate. It's always nice to get back into a schedule, a rhythm of life.

What fall means to me:

  • Shopping for new school clothes/supplies
  • Roadtrips with friends
  • Taking the kids to watch their daddy the coach
  • Tech football games on a crisp, clear Saturday night
  • Browsing through Barnes and Noble with a magazine in one hand and a hot chai in the other. I love the smell of new books and coffee:)
  • Punkin' Day in Floydada
  • Cinnamon candles burning

This year promises to be just as busy as the last. Taylor's first day of school is August 25th. She will be a 2nd grader. She has decided to forego dance and give gymnastics a try. Averi will be our only little ballerina in the house. I will teach KDO at least one more year. It is the perfect "job" for me. I get to be near Averi and Connor, and earn a little spending money at the same time:) This will be Averi's 5th and final year in the program. She will graduate and move on to bigger and better things. That hardly seems possible. As if we weren't busy enough, I may be attending classes at Tech this fall as well. My goal is to get my teacher certification ASAP. I am having mixed emotions about this decision, but if I have to work teaching is what I want to do. I'm pushing 30 so I feel like I need to get a move on. I am excited about the months ahead. I know that big things are in store for us!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

What grades are you looking at? The little ones are fun! Teaching is the best job for a mommy for sure!!

Fortner Family said...

You will be such a great teacher and you will still be off when your family is off. That's the best.

Christi said...

I know exactly how you feel! I love fall, but it seem like it's the busiest time of the year for us! I haven't even started to shop for school stuff yet..eek! my BABY start kinder this year, Wow... I think you are going to be a GREAT teacher plus it's the perfect mommy job.

Kristi said...

You need a puppy! There might be the little brother left?! She has been a joy, but yes it is like another baby. Atleast she started sleeping through the night at 1 week and not 7 months:)

Davis Family said...

I love fall!...it's my favorite season, love all the smells & sounds, & happenings. It's crazy busy, but I love it!
I can so relate... it's a hard choice to work when you know it'll take time away from your family...I have my teaching cert. and will have to use it eventually too...I know what you mean by if I have to work then this is what I want to do...good luck juggling it all this fall...I know you'll do great!
THE END
CHAPTER 27.....

Anonymous said...

If you have to work teaching is the best job, and you will be great at it. I am home by 4 and you get great breaks when the kids are off. Madison is going to be at Trinity to answer your question from the other day. I hope y'all have a great school year. Your kids are growing up too fast!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Such adorable family pictures below! About teaching...it's a toss up. I got spoiled at Evans...there's no place like it. If you can work there...I would. It really is like a family. I don't know what I think about elementary. I'm just having a hard time changing and not feeling like a family. I am excited about the hugs the elementary kiddos will give, but my 7th graders were so funny, but had attitudes! If I were you, I would certified 4-8 so you could try a little of both! I will tell you, I didn't love teaching 8th, 9th, or 10th (I taught at Frenship). I looked like the kids and I don't play when it comes to nasty attitudes. I hope that helps, but you are more than welcome to keep asking questions!