Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm Still Here...

Wow! Long time no post. I'm sure plenty of crazy, blog-worthy events have happened the past few weeks - I've just been in a slump. But slowly, I am coming out of it! Only 4 weeks left of the school year and then it will be 3 months of FREEDOM:) I'm sure that Taylor and Chad are way more excited and appreciative of those precious months than I am:) We will stay busy, however, with swimming lessons and T-Ball (which Averi will be playing for the first time). She says she wants to do this, so we will see!
Well, I guess I'll just catch up on what's been going on in our lives:

Connor is almost 14 months! Here is what he is up to:

  • Said Mama for the first time
  • Loves to go through his toy box and take everything out
  • Gives yummy open-mouth kisses
  • Can sit up from lying down
  • He is FINALLY starting to crawl - thank you very much:)

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post. I always feel like a blog is naked without a picture so I'll add this:

Yes, it is a lizard (although, not the actual lizard in question). Several weeks ago Taylor's class made terrariums. She had to take a bag full of dirt to school for the project. They planted grass seeds and filled each box with snails and other creepy-crawly critters. Well, Taylor and Averi spent the night with Dondi and Poppi during this time - and they decided to go on a hunt for things to add to the terrarium. Unfortunately it was a success. Saturday morning when Poppi broght them home they weren't alone. In Taylor's hand was a cup - a covered cup. Inside was an ugly little lizard. She was SO proud. She transferred the critter into a tupperware container and carried it everywhere. We had a few errands to run and being the nice mom that I am, let the lizard ride along. Couldn't we have let him stay at home and wait on us to get back?? OH NO! Taylor bad wanted to pet this little guy - So...off came the lid and in went her hand. At first everything was good - she got a few strokes in and was feeling pretty confident. All of the sudden I heard screams from the backseat! I look back and Averi is curled up in a ball in her carseat. The lizard had JUMPED out of the container and was LOOSE in the car! Aghhhhhh! I can't tell you how freaked out I was knowing this slivery little thing was somewhere very near. We looked and looked and looked for the prized lizard, but to no avail. It's probably been a month and we have yet to find it! Oh the joys of childhood:)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE the lizard story! Yikes! Abi LOVES snakes. She has one (a toy!) that she carries around with her all the time. What's up with our girls and "icky" things? :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you, but after you guys left that day we discussed the lizard- we found a crispy one on the curb by where you parked. Sydney had been facinated with it and none of us have wanted to move it soooo could be still be there, and I bet its yours!!!

mandal said...

Oh my gosh, Kristi! That is the funniest thing I have heard:) Well...from our family, to yours!