Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Foreign Object in Ear...

A week ago Tuesday night everything was relatively normal around the Hill House. I had just put the kids to bed and was settling in to watch The Biggest Loser. About the time I was starting to relax IT happened!
I heard Taylor crying upstairs, and the pitter-patter of Averi's little feet growing closer.
I asked Averi what was wrong with sissy. She replied: "She put paper in her ear."
I was not shocked - this was not the first time Taylor had done something of this nature. When she was 3 she pushed a jingle bell up her nose, which required a quick trip to the doctor.
BUT, she is the "older" one, and considering past experience- she should have known better:)
I called Taylor down so I could assess the damage. Shoved deep in her ear were tiny, rolled-up pieces of a paper-towel.
For a second I thought we were going to have to make a fun little trip to the ER. But with my handy tweezers and a steady hand, I was able to get it all out. And there was only minimal bleeding:)
The reason, you may ask, why she decided to do this? - She thought there was a noodle in her ear:)

4 comments:

Denae said...

That's hilarious!

Ask Taylor when she is going to make me some queso again.

Anonymous said...

Wow thats crazy! Glad that she is okay! Kids make life so fun and interesting dont they! :o)

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness that is freakin hilarious!!

Just FYI- when I was young, my uncle convinced me it was a good idea to stick popcorn up my nose....this resulted in more than one trip to the ER......and look....I'm relativly normal now.....right???

DONDI said...

I LOVE THIS STORY! THIS GIRL IS FUNNY & ENTERTAINING AT ROLLED INTO 1!!