Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ear Infections and Baby Teeth...

The past couple of months Connor has had drainage, congestion, and a bit of a cough. Just the past couple of days he has been a little fussy and pushing away his bottle. I've been suctioning his nose, leaving the humidifier on, and I even angled his mattress so he wouldn't be flat on his back. Nothing really helped, but he never ran a fever.
I didn't think it was anything other than a cold or teething.
He just wasn't feeling/acting like his normal self, so today we went to the doctor. I always hesitate to go when there isn't a fever - because it usually ends up being nothing, and I feel stupid. But today I didn't care - and I'm glad. The poor kid has a double ear infection.
She took one look and said "Whoa! Yeah, he needed to be seen." Dang, I felt bad...but I never noticed him grabbing his ears or anything. I should be better at this - he is the 3rd child!
And tonight this happened...


Taylor lost her 2nd baby tooth! She was so excited. Chad pulled it out at the dinner table. I tried to earlier, but just didn't have the stomach to do it. Taylor said to me "Use your strength!" Ouch!
Of course, she had to call Granna, Gramps, Dondi, Poppi, and Nana as soon as it happened. I guess the Tooth Fairy will be making a visit to our house tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's getting big quick. Hope Connor gets to feeling better. I'll be in Lubbock February 10-16. Can't wait to see all you guys. See you then.
Love,
Brant

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denae said...

Poor Connor! I hope he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sure hope the tooth fairy was in a generous mood when she stopped by Taylor's house!