Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness...


WooHoo! We are cleaning out Taylor and Averi's closet. Sounds fun doesn't it? And Heaven help me...there is SOOOOOO much stuff in there. So much that I don't even know what they have anymore. It got so bad that I avoided even going upstairs for fear of what I would find in (or in our case - spilling out of) the closet. I guess with work and everything else I just let it pile up to the overwhelming point.
The thought of cleaning anything is not a fun one for me. But the rejuvenation I feel once it's done is so worth it. I know that behind this mess is a lot of cute, forgotten-about, never-worn, clothes. And when we can actually see what we have, we'll be able to use it again. What a concept:)
It's kinda like our spiritual lives. If we neglect it - don't take inventory every once in a while, confusion sets in. If we don't use the tools we've been given we forget we have them.
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)
Well, I Better get back to work. The whole thing is starting to excite me. It's almost better than going shopping:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good insight on straightening up our stuff. I'm trying.