Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Really Needed Tonight...

I had, what you might call, a B-A-D attitude. I guess I was in a rut...tired of being tired, and feeling like the only thing my life consisted of was eating, sleeping, and working. I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I needed out of my little bubble, if only for a little bit to energize me for the week ahead. So I left Chad with the kids, hopped in my car, turned on some Texas country, and drove away...somewhere...anywhere for a little quiet time.

It was perfect. The sky was filled with dark storm clouds and it was beginning to sprinkle. It didn't take long before I had to turn on the windshield wipers. The smell of the rain was so lovely.

I drove through Tech Terrace and passed by J & B, a cozy little coffee shop. It was buzzing with hip, college students enjoying their trendy drinks. I drove past quaint little houses that seemed perfect from the outside looking in. I wondered about the families that lived in those homes. I drove past peaceful parks. The city was quiet tonight.

As silly as it seems, it was just what the dr. ordered. I arrived home with a fresh outlook on life and ready to tackle the week.

I am thankful for:
  • An unexpected dinner with friends last night.
  • Middle school football game @ Lowry Field tomorrow night.
  • The up-coming holiday season and the Polar Express.
  • Fiddler on the Roof with my girls in a couple of weeks.
  • Fresh outlook on life...feeling joyful again.
    Photobucket

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

I can totally relate! Alone time is hard to come by as a Momma of 3, so whatever small way it comes is nice. I hope you have a much better week!