Monday, January 4, 2010

Life As I Know It...

Is about to change. I start student teaching in exactly two weeks. I am nervous, excited, ready, apprehensive...I am basically on a roller coaster of emotions. My main fear is time...there is not enough of it. I already feel stretched too thin somedays without a full-time job added to the equation. I want to be a good teacher, mom, wife...I want to give my all to every area of my life without feeling like I'm selling somebody/something short.
I have really had to adjust my thinking the past month or so to prepare myself for this change. I am taking it one day at a time. I will not be anxious about what tomorrow holds.

Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

We had a fun time in San Antonio this past weekend. I loved walking around the River Walk and seeing Tech fans EVERYWHERE! There was a spirit of comradery among all of us...especially with all of the controversy and media attention. What a night for Ruffin McNeill! He handled the situation with dignity and class!


san anton 001
Averi in front of the Alamo

san anton 006
On the River Walk


san anton 010
The girls got sparkly hats.


san anton 009
River Walk at night


san anton 018
The biggest crock ever!


san anton 016
Averi holding Mr. Fuzzy


I have seen these crazy, furry worm things everywhere. Next to the display there is always a video playing. The video makes the worms look so fun...and too good to be true! We were at a junky souvenier shop in S.A. and Chad had to get one to see how they worked. It basically ended up being a pipe cleaner with two googly eyes glued on, and a clear string tied to the end of it. That's the trick...clear string! What a crock! We tried to make it look as life-like as the video did, but somehow failed. At least it gave us a good chuckle!


GAME NIGHT!! Texas Tech vs. Michigan State
4

Guns Up!
s

Sweet Victory!
3

davy 007
We couldn't go to San Antonio and not bring back a Davy Crockett hat for Connor! You know him and hats :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Granna said...

This is the best picture ever of Connor! He is definitely king of the wild frontier....Love him SO much

Granna said...

Hey why didn't you bring me back a hat---sparkly or Davy Crockett???

brandi said...

I think the biggest lesson you can learn when you start teaching is that you'll never have it all done, so it will be waiting for you tomorrow. My first two years of teaching, I would stay at school until 6, 7, 11 pm just trying to clear my desk and "finish" everything and my personal life absolutely suffered.