Friday, October 9, 2009

What Language is That...

So, as everyone does, I've really been questioning my purpose lately. I know that being a mom is part of my purpose. And hopefully teaching will be a part of it too. But I just have this feeling that there is something more.

I am in the middle of reading Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan. It is five fictional stories about some of the horrific experiences African children are forced to endure. We hear about these stories, we see these stories on t.v. but how often does it really sink in? I realized that I have allowed myself to become way too complacent. Thankfully, but unfortunately, because of our freedoms it is easy to slip into unconsciousness while going about our day-to-day lives.

Yesterday my parents (two of the koolest kats I know) arrived home from Africa. They (mainly my dad) travel all over the world simply to love on people and to tell them about God's love for them. Since I don't get to go I live vicariously through their experiences :) They told us how precious the people were there. And how grateful many of them were just to know someone cared. One thing I've learned is that no matter where you are in the world, everyone wants to feel needed. Everyone speaks the universal language of love.

I want my eyes and my childrens' eyes to be opened inside of, and beyond these four "walls" of Lubbock, TX. My prayer is that our hearts would break for the things that break His.

Let us see through Your eyes and love the way You love!

Hopefully pics of their trip to come.
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Louders said...

Mmm good, Amanda. Yes, Father, open our eyes and our hearts to love like You do!

Granna said...

Thank you Amanda. Can I borrow your book?