Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When it Rains...

Well you know. Once school started we hit the ground running...fast...and we haven't stopped since. I like feeling tired at the end of a long productive day. Sleep is so much sweeter that way. On a side note I am having a horrible time typing this. Connor was being unsually quiet earlier tonight in the playroom. When I went back to check on him, I found that he had taken off half the keys on our keyboard. We couldn't get a few of them to fit back on so it is feeling a bit foreign to my fingers. He did tell me "Sorry, mom" so it's all good:) Who needs an "o" button anyway, or a shift key, or an "l", or a backspace!!

So yesterday was the busiest I've been in a long time. For starters I only got a couple hours of sleep the night before so that was good. It started out at Honey where I helped with centers in Averi's class. Then I picked up some Chic-Fil-A and Sonic, went back to Honey and ate lunch with both girls, went to class at Tech, picked up girls from school, picked up the house, did laundry, and headed back to Tech for my night class. I slept sooo good last night. Didn't wake up once. AHHHH!

But I am feeling really blessed and wanted to write everything down so I can refer to it on those days when I wonder if it's really worth it.

  • Mrs. Sutherland is my hero! She is Averi's teacher, and she is WONDERFUL! She has the most patient, calming spirit. She never raises her voice and has all twenty-something kindergartners in line. She knows that I am in school and has offered to keep a file of everything she does with her class for me. As if she doesn't have enough to do already. She has also made me feel very welcome and is allowing me to come and help out anytime I want. The best teacher for me is experience. I love watching how she interacts and works with the kids. Thank you Mrs. Sutherland!!!

  • Another huge blessing is that my prayer for student teaching placement was answered. I really wanted Honey as one the schools I would be at. Without going into detail it looks like that will happen! Praise the Lord!


  • Numero 3...my T/TR class at Tech is in the process of being changed to an online course! Heck yea!! That means I only have to make the drive to campus once a week. That is big!

  • It looks like we are getting an unexpected trip to Dallas this November with the Long family. Staying at the Gaylord and watching Tech vs. Baylor in the new Cowboys stadium!! Woohoo!!!! So excited about this :0 The Christmas decorations should be up by then!!


So things are going exceedingly well! Taylor and Averi are doing great in school. Taylor gets to dress up like a cowgirl on Friday. It was not easy finding a hat believe it or not. We ended getting a pink one that we spray painted black to match her outfit. I will have to take pics of her in it! Averi is adjusting to her new life. She's definitely had a bit of culture shock these last two weeks. After all, she's had six years at home with mom!

Chad is glad to be back at Evans and out of the summer heat. Hopefully next year I'll have a teaching job and he won't have to work summers anymore. I totally see it happening!! He is loving going to high school Friday night football games. I must admit I love it to.

The busier life is, the faster time goes. I swear Christmas will be here before we know it! And so the story goes!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Davis Family said...

YOU! amaze me girl! Praise God! for all the blessings in your life!