Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We ♥ Reading...

One of the classes I am taking at Tech this semester is Children's Literature for Elementary School Teachers and Librarians. It just so happens that, not only do I have 3 kids who rather enjoy books, but I myself am a big fan.

The first night of class our professor sat us down like good little students and read to us the story of Chrysanthemum. It was GREAT! She had all the characters' voices down pat, and was really good to let everyone see the pictures:) It felt more like storytime at the library than Graduate School!

Even if it is for a grade and dependent upon my future career, I love this class. It totally takes me back to my childhood days. Don't you remember as a kid being mesmorized by books and all the colorful illustrations?? I sooo do!

So basically, my assignments revolve around reading tons and tons of great children's literature. No joke - now when I read to Taylor, Averi, and Connor I am killing two birds with one stone. It really doesn't get much better than that:)

Here is what is on my reading list:








7 comments:

Unknown said...

This was one my favortie classes too! I took it as an undergrad class, but sounds the same. Post on any good books you find, I love reading kid's books, and get so oerwhelmed by the selections it is so hard to narrow them dowm. Who is Chrys... written by?

Kristi said...

The kissing hand is one of my favorites and I always cry when I read the klids I'll Love You Forever. Elem. Ed classes are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love all of these books. Someday I wish so badly that I taught little kids so I could have story time. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so much.

Jamie said...

Yes - - LOVE children's books!! Please post what you're reading so we can get some fun new ideas!! And, I have never read Chrysanthemum... Who's the author? I am going to look for it! :) I'm so proud of you!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness- such FABULOUS memories! LOVE Charlotte's Web and Dear Mr. Henshaw! Definitly post your favorites- because even those of us w/no kids want to know!!
I was lost in a book every day as a child...all the Ramona ones...Peppermints in the Parlor...Tuck Everlasting...I'm so gonna go dig mine out of a box right now...

Anonymous said...

i hope y'all are enjoying a lazy day at home!

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

Great books! I love the Education building library...it's so cozy. I still love hearing someone who can make characters come alive with all with a sweet, soothing voice.