Saturday, September 27, 2008

Perspective...

Lately I have been...let's just say stressed. To the max. Trying to be a student, a mom, and a wife is not as easy as I would like. The house needs some serious attention (I can't really blame that on school, though. Keeping house isn't my favorite pasttime.) I also volunteered to be Homeroom Mom in Taylor's class. AND I'm responsible for the Honey yearbook with one other lady. Poor girl...she probably feels like I have abandoned her. And then my part-time job at KDO on top of everything else. Can you tell I have a hard time saying NO?! I know too much is on my plate, but I also resist giving any of it up. What is it with me and control issues?? I guess I am still trying to find the right balance.

Well, if things weren't chaotic enough, we have been in the process of re-doing our back playroom. I mean, there was crap everywhere. Wood, tools, who knows what else. The end totally justified the means, though, because today we FINALLY finished. My wonderful father-in-law, Steve, came over and painted the room. It is finally a space that does not make me ill to walk into.

So anyway, today, as I was going through things and trying to get the room in order I found this. It stopped me in my tracks. Taylor wrote it ~ and I had never seen it before. It says: "I love you Diddy. I wish you did not die." Whoa...out of the mouths of babes. Diddy is Chad's granddad who passed away in 2005. Taylor loved him soo much, and he adored her. After reading this I realized that I have let so many unimportant things have too much power over me. Life is way too short! Time to refocus on what what really matters. Thank you, Taylor for the sweet reminder.

img017

1 comment:

Christi said...

(((((hugs))))) The things that cause us to take a HUGE step back to look at what is REALLY important. I think you are SUPER-MOM. You are doing awesome!