Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Averi...

577

Dear Aves ~
Happy Birthday!! Today you turn the BIG 0-5. I just realized that today is Friday...and you were born on a Friday. That was a good day! So being 5 means that you really and truly aren't a baby anymore. You are officially a little girl. And a very pretty, smart, and funny one at that:)

I remember the day we found out we were having another girl. I was so excited that Taylor was going to have a little sister. I always wanted a sister. It was so fun imagining how you would look and act compared to Taylor. We already had a blonde-hair, blue-eyed girl. I thought it would be neat to have a a brown-hair, green-eyed girl. I got my wish! It's funny because only within the past year have your eyes turned from blue to a hazel-green color.

So...this is our last year together before you become a Honey Bear like sis. You are very excited about the prospect of Kindergarten! It's bittersweet for me. I guess it will be just me and Con-Man after that. The house will be too quiet without y'all here. You are having a great time at KDO. You are the big man on campus this year as you will graduate in the spring. I can tell you have matured a ton since last year...becoming more independent and learning so much. I love checking in on you in your class when you don't know it. You work so hard - like such a big kid. I am so proud of you. You have made some great friends and it has been fun to watch y'all grow together!

Like I said, you are my funny girl. You are always providing us with comic relief. Just today, while driving in the car, you asked me: "What are french fries made out of?" I told you "Potatoes. Just potatoes." Apparently my answer was not sufficient. You replied: "I'll ask Nana...old people know EVERYthing!" Well, thank goodness I'm not old in your eyes yet. Everyday you make me laugh and I look forward to what craziness will come out of your mouth!

I am so excited about your party tomorrow! I know we will have loads of fun! I love you precious angel! And no matter what, you will always be my baby!

Love You,
Mommy

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay Yay Yay! Happy birthday Averi. You are a sweetie and Sydney loves you like a sister:) Cant wait for your party!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Averi. You are such a beautiful girl!

Davis Family said...

Happy Birthday Averi!
Amanda you are such a sweet momma, they're lucky to have you! Love the french fry story!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday Averi!

Jamie said...

Sweet Avery... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't wait to see pics from your party! It was good seeing you on Thursday! :)
Love, Jamie and Abi