Monday, June 9, 2008

Tiny Dancers...

This past weekend was Taylor and Averi's dance recital. They are always so much fun, but it definitely makes for a long couple of days with 3 performances. This was the first year I've had to get two girls in costume and make-up. It's quite the job.
Averi did so good - and so did Tay. It's funny what a difference a couple of years makes. With Averi, I knew every word and every dance move to her song. All I knew about Taylor's dance was that she was doing ballet. She is getting so big - and doesn't need my help like she used to.
Taylor has been telling me the past few months that she does not want to take dance next year, so I was kinda sad this might be our last recital. But after the Saturday night performance, as we were walking to the car, she said: "I want to do it again - I LOVE dancing on stage!" And then Averi, of course, just agrees with whatever Taylor says. So it looks like we have another year of dance to look forward to!

Taylor and Her Dance Friends
Dance 001

Little Ballerina
Dance 002

Taylor and Madison
Dance 006

Tay and Aves
Dance 007

Averi and Dance Friends
Dance 003

Averi and Emma
Dance 008

"Who Knows the Alphabet?"
Dance 004

"The Counting Song"
Dance 005

After the Show! (Averi was not about to carry her flowers:)
Dance 009

3 comments:

Jamie said...

CUTE - - I love Taylor's costume! Averi's was precious, too! It's so much fun! They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How cute! That looks like so much fun!

Denae said...

wow, seeing them in all that makeup freaks me out! haha. So cute though!!