Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth...

First of all, I think I have fifth disease. Just wanted to throw that out there;) Last night I felt terrible: sore throat, chilled, achy, and just plain yuck. I figured it was probably a sinus infection - LOVE those;) But today I noticed a strange rash on my arms and legs. I only know about fifth disease because Averi had it not too long ago. It's nothing big - just a virus. And once you have the rash (which is how you even know you have it) you aren't contagious anymore. It's too little too late for all the poor people we came in contact with last week. I think I must have got it from the Con-Man. About a week ago he developed a rash. It still comes and goes, but I assumed it was from being out in the heat. Guess I was wrong! Now Chad is in bed with a fever. FUN! So Kristi, looks like good times are in store for you! Just kidding...y'all should be fine:)
Second of all, I am so thankful. Thankful that I live in the good ole USofA. Thankful that I am free to worship how I choose. Thankful that I am free to write this blog. Thankful for three healthy, beautiful children. And thankful that I have a hope and a future that continues long after this life is over! I don't ever want to take any of that for granted.
So...today was a good day. The rain...the clouds...I love days like today! This morning Dondi, Kristi, Logan, and Sydney came over to decorate the girls' bikes and Connor's wagon for the parade that was supposed to be at Vintage tonight. We ate lunch at Chili's, and then took T, A, and S to get their fingernails painted and decked out for the 4th. It was a great start to the holiday weekend!

All-American Boy (with a flag in his diaper;)
IMG_0507













Logan
IMG_0513

They chose blue polish with red stars (much to the lady's disapproval that was doing their nails. She said "Fingernail too short" What?! The little stars were about the size of a pinhead. We kindly insisted that red, jeweled stars were what they wanted and that is FINALLY what they got;) You gotta love Wal-Mart nail salons!
IMG_0526

My kiddos: Averi, Connor, and Taylor
IMG_0528

Sweet boy
IMG_0534

All-American Girl
IMG_0580

All-American Girl #2
IMG_0539














They were ready for the parade.
IMG_0589

Almost time...
IMG_0587

Just Kidding - it started pouring down rain.
IMG_0594

Look at the sky!
IMG_0599

They had so much fun! That's Taylor sliding down. (Can you see Averi at the top of the slide? She FINALLY went down after much hesitation)
IMG_0601

I love my baby boy and a good thunderstorm!
IMG_0610












They ended up going on with the parade, but by then the kids were soaked and ready to go.
IMG_0613

He loves playing with balloons. He was cracking up in the back!
IMG_0616

5 comments:

Denae said...

The flag in the diaper is hilarious!! The parade looked like fun! We will have to plan on doing it next year. :)

Anonymous said...

I think Im already feeling sick.. Just kidding. Hope yall feel better soon! Im thinking of starting a blog after this weekend. I got so many cute pics!

mandal said...

Yes...Kristi, you need to start a blog! They are so much fun:)

Kristi said...

still figuring it all out, but I started one!

Davis Family said...

Amanda I just got around to going to that blog and let me tell you I just spent all of nap time bawling my eyes out! They are such incredible examples of God's Glory! Thank you for sharing that with me...I really needed it today!

Love all pics...such precious babies you have!