Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scary Story...

So...we were in the car yesterday on the way to meet my parents for lunch at Zookini's. The kids were piled in the back, and Connor was in his carseat playing with a bracelet - a white beaded bracelet. Big beads, mind you.
That should have been clue #1 for me:) Not to mention the fact that my SON is playing with a bracelet. Poor kid...you would think he has no boy toys.
I was kind of nervous letting him have it, but he was happy - so I was happy:)

Every few minutes I would look back to make sure everything was OK - and that the bracelet was still intact and in one piece. We were almost to the restaraunt when I made one last quick check. I turned around and almost passed out. White beads were everywhere - in the carseat, all over Connor, and IN HIS MOUTH!
My heart started going a mile a minute and I told Taylor to "GET THE BEAD OUT OF HIS MOUTH!" She did - she's such a good big sissy. The look on Connor's face was hilarious. He knew he had done something he wasn't supposed to do, but he was so nonchalant -wondering what all the fuss was about.
After that, we breathed a sigh of relief and THOUGHT everything was good. We went on with our day as usual forgetting about the incident.
Well, Today, after Connor's afternoon nap he was dirty so I went to change him. I opened the diaper and smack-dab in the middle of the poop was a shiny white round bead. That kid had swallowed one of those gigantic beads. Oh my gosh! I felt like the worst mom. I started thinking about all of these horrible what-ifs: "What if he had gotten choked - he could have died." I was stunned. All I could do was just sit there staring at this white ball stuck in a pile of poop! I called Chad in to look at it with me:) We really couldn't do anything but laugh out of total shock.

The whole thing has warped me out.
I now know not to let Connor play with bracelets
:)


IMG_0271

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa...that was close. glad he is ok.

Jamie said...

Wow.. Scary moment! We all have had our moments as moms! You are a wonderful mother. :) Glad everything is ok!

Denae said...

That is crazy!